Category B residence
permit in Andorra

Active/Passive Residency

What is the residency as a professional with an international business CATEGORY B?

This active/passive residency is for those individuals willing to set up their own business in Andorra, but taking into consideration that a minimum of 85% of the company’s activity will be carried outside the principality, with international clients. It is ideal for those residing elsewhere who want to visit the country for just 3 months per year. The application procedure can take from 30 to 90 days. The international business permit will allow you to stay in the country for an initial 2 years, with the option to renew.

How can you get the Category B residence permit in Andorra?

Initial Investment

In order to get your residence permit category B, you will need to invest in a government bond with value equal to 50.000€

Company Formation & Timing

Within the first 7 months in the country, you must have constituted the company you presented in your business plan for the application procedure.

Bring your family with you

You can do a joint application and get the residency for your family too. You will just need to ad an extra 10.000€ on the initial investment per each family member

Life most of the time away from Andorra

You will need to stay in the country for a minimum of 90 days per year. Therefore, you can live abroad and visit the country just for three months.

No need to pay personal tax

If you stay in the country from 90 to 182 days, you will be regarded as a non-resident taxpayer in Andorra, avoiding the need to pay personal tax.

Employees Permitted and Company Taxation

Only 1 employee in the principality is permitted for this type of business residency in Andorra. You will need to pay 10% on the profits of the company.

Documents and Requirements for the Active/Passive Residency

-Proof of a private health insurance contract with a company in Andorra, full coverage inside the principality.

Criminal background records, which must be legalized and apostilled.

Proof of your civil status (whether you are married, single, divorced, etc.)

Bank certificate that demonstrates the possession of sufficient economic means to sustain your life and the lives of your family in the country. More precisely, you must possess a 300% of the minimum salary (which is about 13.000 per year), plus an additional 100% per each family member.

-An initial deposit of 50.000€ (additional 10.000€ per each family member), which will be completely refundable in the future.

Have a property or rental contract for a space that satisfies the minimum required for an office: over 20 square meters.

Business plan, with a projection of 3 years (financial, strategic, etc.)

Your CV, which must demonstrate that you are qualified enough to successfully run this new undertaking.

* Bear in mind that all the documents must be translated into Catalan


We will guide you step by step throughout the legal procedure. Preparing and Filling out all the documents for you. Everything done online: our team will assist you via email or Skype.